Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not Writer's Block

I don't really want to call it writer's block. It's more like a mental block or something. Maybe Reg's Block. It sucks. I've been working on a zombie novella since last August. And I'm close to finishing it, but I'm stuck on the current chapter. I want to start with a character named Tom opening his eyes (Tom opened his eyes.). Then have a wrinkled manuscript land on his chest (A wrinkled and slightly damp manuscript landed on his chest). Followed by another character named Rick saying "We're not doing that zombie shit anymore." But it's not coming together.

-Should I describe the grass in the front yard (where the scene takes place)?
-POV...Tom's or Rick's?
-Style?

It sucks having Not Writer's Block.

UPDATE: I might have found the start. Got a paragraph (hey, it's a start!)

No comments: